søndag 19. oktober 2014

Brick Lane, a story by Monica Ali

Creative stunts! Task 1
In this task, I will write a letter from Nazneen to her sister Hasina. Nazneen has moved to London, because her father has married her to a person called Chanu who lives there. I am going to write the letter, which Nazneen keeps in the shoebox at the bottom of her wardrobe. Hasina ran away with her friend Malek a few years before Nazneen was forced to marry Chanu. 


Dear Nazneen


Hi sister, it has been a long time, especially when you read this. I am sorry that I just left home the way I did. I just had to do it. The way I ran away with Malek, it wasn’t meant to hurt you and I really hope I didn’t. I didn’t get along with our parents so well, because they didn’t like my friend Malek. You probably heard us arguing about me being with him. By the way, we are married now. Anyway, Malek found an opportunity to leave and start fresh, so I just grabbed it. Our parents would never accept that so I had to do it the hard way. I am sorry, but I really couldn’t accept that my father would force me to marry someone with tons of cash. I wanted to marry the one I loved, which is Malek. I hope you understand and get to choose yourself. I really wish and hope the best for you my sweet little sister.

I have moved to a new place. A different country and new people with a different culture and many traditions. I am happy now, Malek and I love this city. It is so many buildings here. This is extreme compared to home. The way I remember home is a poor town, with small amounts of food and water. And the houses here are huge and solid. It also contains a black box that shows many images called a television. It’s kind of strange here, but I like it. We are happy and that’s the most important. If there is anything I can do for you to help there back home, let me know.

I hope we can keep in touch, but don’t tell our parents where I live, because they will kill me for what I did. I really love you and I miss your hugs. I hope to see you soon.


Your sister Hasina

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar